This kit contains all the tools necessary to assemble and time the VANOS cam-timing units on BMW M52TU . M54 and M56 6-cylinder engines utilized from 1998 onwards. Alignment Jig Adjusting plate for setting valve timing on engine with double Vanos. Sprocket Assembly Jig for pre-assembling secondary chain sprockets with chain on camshafts. Chain Tensioner Lock Pin locks chain tensioner during timing. VANOS Compressed Air Connector use to pressurize the single and double Vanos unit when servicing. Applicable to 6 cylinder engines M52TU – 1998-2000 . M54 – 2001-2004 . M56 – 2003 to present.
- Application: BMW 6 cylinder engine: M52TU (1998-2000), M54 (2001-2004), M56 (2003 to present).
- Double VANOS Timing Kit Engine Tools needed for assembly and proper timing the Vanos unit found on 1998 & newer 6 cyl engines.
- VANOS COMPRESSED AIR CONNECTION: Use to pressurize the single and double Vanos unit when checking or removing and replacing.
- Alignment Jig: Adjusting plate for setting valve timing on engine with double Vanos. Sprocket Assembly Jig: Use for preassembling secondary chain sprockets with chain on camshafts
- Rigid Chain Tensioner: Use to tension primary chain. Chain Tensioner Lock Pin: Locks chain tensioner during timing