Show temperature deviation
The temperature deviation is the difference between a previously established reference value and a temperature measurement. The display indicates the deviations as numeric values and displayed in color. An acoustic signal also sound.
Determine reference value
(1) Press the measure button and aim the laser pointer at the area of which you wish to use the temperature value as the reference. The temperature is indicated in the display.
(2) Whilst holding the measure button, press the °C / °F SET button to use the temperature as the reference value. This temperature is is indicated in the display next to “REF” as the reference display.
Select tolerance range
You can set the temperature deviation from the reference value as of which the device will respond with a visual and acoustic signal.
To do so, whilst the reference value appears in the display, press the button left or right to select the tolerance range.
Scan temperature deviation
(1) Select a reference temperature as described above.
(2) Press the measure button and aim the laser at area you wish to measure. The temperature is indicated in the display.
(3) Hold the measure button whilst scanning, and slowly and steadily move the laser dot across the surface you wish to measure.
The temperature deviations between the reference value and the measurement are indicated as follows:
Red display background with rapid tone series for the upper temperature threshold has been exceeded.
Green display background with no tone for within the temperature range setting.
Blue display with slow tone series for the value is below the lower threshold.
- Infrared thermometer for Non-contact surface temperature measurement; Built-in laser for precisely aiming.
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (Range: -58℉~716℉ / -50℃ to +380℃); Auto Shut-off in 60 seconds; Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1.
- PROFESSIONAL PACKING INCLUDES: one infrared thermometer; one 9V MITSUBISHI battery; one user manual.
- TEMPERATURE DEVIATION ALARMS: Can be set to provide sound and color feedback when a target temperature is exceeded. Use this handy feature to easily detect when a specific temperature is reached or exceeded.
- ACCURATELY AND QUICKLY MEASURES SURFACE TEMPERATURES. Use it in the kitchen for instant surface temperature measurements of food, oven walls, range top, frying pan or fryer oil, grill, refrigerator and freezer. Scan for insulation leaks in your home, check the temperature of air conditioning and heating vents or water heater pipes. Check your cars cooling system, catalytic converter, brakes, and tires. Or check the ambient temperature of chicken coops, terrariums, and reptile enclosures.